If you are interested in joining the DARCC team, please review the career opportunities below and email email@example.com. Please consider volunteering with us to open opportunities for future employment.
It is the policy of the Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Summary: Recruits, retains, supports and develops DARCC volunteers for all program and administrative needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provides professional staff support to DARCC volunteers.
- Ensures that DARCC has a volunteer presence in the community and volunteers provide effective, client-centered services
- Supervises volunteers in conjunction with program leads in order to best serve clients and ensuring complete records.
- Recruits, screens, interviews and helps trains new volunteers.
- Create and manage volunteer appreciation events and formal volunteer communication.
- Develop and implement a recruitment and retention plan for volunteers.
- Ability to maintain a non-judgmental, accepting attitude towards people of any race, color, religion, ethnicity, sexuality, age, appearance, or economic status.
- Participate in annual volunteer evaluations.
- Assign volunteers based on identified volunteer needs and assists in scheduling volunteers for outreach events in conjunction with program leads.
- Identify and implement best practices and processes to ensure volunteer services are meeting agency needs.
- Provides participation and financial records in order to submit grant and financial reports.
- Collaborates with other community agencies and service providers.
- Represents the agency in association with other agencies, at volunteer events, at fundraising events, and with donors at the direction of the CEO.
- Must believe in, support, and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and strategic
- Provide hospital accompaniment and crisis hotline support as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- Interviews, selects and evaluates the performance of volunteers.
- Provide training and education to volunteers as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors Degree in Communications, Business or social service related field. Preferred assets: 2+ years of Development or Volunteer experience, with particular focus on public relations or volunteer management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and evaluate documents. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals through a variety of mediums. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints
Technology / Computer Skills: Must demonstrate reasonable proficiency with computers and other electronic devices, as well as agency software needed to fulfill responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent sitting, standing, and walking. Lifting of items under 30 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional travel locally for community outreach. Day and evening hours in addition to occasional weekend hours required.
On Call Staff Advocate
Summary: The purpose of the On-Call Staff Advocate is to ensure that the needs of DARCC Clients are served in a timely, efficient manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering crisis calls on the 24 hour crisis line.
- Responsible for providing hospital accompaniment at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas for any victim who presents for a SANE exam.
- Responsible for completing all required documentation of services provided and hours worked.
- Responsible for assisting volunteers with questions and/or concerns during their volunteer shifts.
- Responsible for submitting timesheet on a bi-weekly basis.
- Responsible for staying in communication with Director of Advocacy Services, attending mandatory meetings, and participate in being a mentor to upcoming training classes.
- Responsible for participating in on-going continued education.